Happy New Year from Tweed Coast Acupuncture and Integrative Health Clinic. We wish you a happy, successful and joyful year and hope you are blessed with good health and vitality.
After many disruptive years and experiencing new and continued stresses in our ever-changing world, it is important to be gentle on ourselves when it comes to new beginnings.
We know that life can be stressful and many of us have complex lives to manage, which is why, we don’t just hope that this email finds you well, we want to ensure it finds you well, and share our list for an even better year than the one before.
10 things to focus on in 2023…
For 2023, at Tweed Coast Acupuncture, the top 10 things we want to focus on as we enter this new year are simple and uphold our utmost value of wellness and health.
1. Drinking plenty of pure water – which means investing in a water filter for your home. Detoxification begins with pure water and boosts skin hydration, increases nutrient absorption, helps to facilitate healthy digestion and ensures you are free from exposure to the chlorine and bacteria that can make tap water taste chemical.
2. Prioritising sleep – an easy way to boost your immunity is to build in a regular sleep schedule, not to mention it is one of the best ways to improve your mental health.
3. Being aware of our allergens – 2023 is the year to get checked for allergies! And, if you are already managing your allergies, do a stocktake of how well you are going with minimising your exposure to protect your gut health and your health overall. It can be tricky to manage our allergies – if you ever need a consult or any questions about your diagnosed allergy, Dr Andre Artmann is here to help.
4. Ensuring we get enough Vitamin D – natural sunlight decreases our stress levels, helps us to sleep better, strengthens bones and immunity and boosts our energy levels and overall brain function.
5. Taking the time to nurture connections with others and ourselves – including nature, the earth, our pets, other animals as well as our nearest and dearest loved ones.
6. Remembering to schedule regular appointments for our health – we know how easy it is to let our ‘maintenance’ appointments fall by the wayside. In 2023, scheduling our regular appointments is one way we are saying thank you and giving back to our bodies.
7. Utilising the power of magnesium when exercising – we know that magnesium in our blood is linked to higher muscle performance and aids with muscle recovery after a workout.
8. Using food as medicine – eating well feeds your good gut bacteria and helps them to flourish and facilitate proper immune system function.
9. Laughing more – a natural, free and feel-good immunity booster which lowers our stress hormones, decreases pain and adds wholesome joy to our daily existence while stimulating our heart and lung muscles.
10. Stretching each day – increasing muscle blood flow and circulation is the main benefit of daily stretching, not to mention the important role it plays in decreasing the risk of injury while exercising and the benefits it has in improving performance in physical activities as it allows your joints to move through their full range of motion.
Wishing you the best year yet…
See you at the clinic soon!
Dr Andre Artmann.